Saturday, May 10, 2014

Place: Beautiful San Joaquin and Sequoia........Fruit and vegetable bowl of California....

It was my maiden visit to San Joaquin valley and Sequoia National Park...The natural beauty of that region was stunning in autumn...I was completely smitten and look forward for opportunity to drop in again and again...
The meadows and oaks...

Landscape illuminated in morning light as the fog gradually vanishes...

Bare hills dotted with bare trees...

Trees laden with wild berries...


Flame foliage...

Ranch at the foothills..

Many colors to feast eyes on...

When I learned that California grows 80% of entire Nation's fruits and vegetables, I wondered where does it produce? After all, much of it is desert, mountains and coastal canyons....but en route Sequoia National Park, we drove through San Joaquin Valley....large expanses of plum, apricot, apple, grapes, citrus, pomegranate, avocado, persimmon, gourds graced either side of the road and stretched till the end of horizon.....I got my answer.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!