Saturday, April 18, 2015

SDSU: Spring garden......

Spring scenes from SDSU....May rain has rejuvenated the plants.. adorned in spectacular flowers, they are beautifying the campus..

Chestnut flowers........

Mesquite blooms...

Yellow oleander...

Mandevilla....

Sage...

Cornflower..

Calendula...

Kangaroo paw...

Mahogany California poppy...

One of the many resident feral cat.....

Sausage fruit....

Cockspur coral...

Jacaranda...

Nasturtium.....

Matilija poppy...

 California poppy.........

Manuka flower...

Hardy ice...........

Callery pear.......

Giant honey flower....

Now, something interesting about the last flower...this time of the year, these flowers bloom profusely in the campus. Being a biologist, I always try to find the identity of each plants I come across...While, I recognized most of the plants, this one eluded me so far..
As I posted it today, decided to search its ID yet again, though my past attempts had been futile. Virtually, I know nothing about this plant, so how will I ask Google to help me?
I typed 'red flower'...obviously I got numerous hits without useful clue...
Then I added a keyword, 'serrate leaves', with a faint hope..guess what!!!!! It was there...botanical name, family and everything else I wanted to know. Feeling good and thankful to the website furnishing the information.
They rightfully say, never quit!!! Give yet another try:).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!