Monday, May 9, 2016

Thought: 'Keep so busy that you don’t get time to grieve'....

Despite being meticulous in putting together the threads of life, things often go out of control. 
At such chaotic times, one nugget of lesson from my mentor keeps me going. He would often see me in frowns..for countless reasons…difficulties of a doctoral research..... staying away from home..stray talk of loose-mouth colleagues mostly :). 
One day he made me sit across his office table and advised “I wonder when you get so much time to nurture worries; bury yourself in work so deep, you hardly get any time for entertaining worrisome stuffs. And you will be proud of the result”. I never followed him blindly (much to his chagrin), but this sermon stirred my soul and since been my savior.

Reinventing my life on this philosophy has led me to achievements, I would not have imagined...
Well, in my early thirties, an MS in bioinformatics and a PhD in Biotechnology........and 75+ publications...seems good enough......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!