Monday, December 2, 2013

Plant: Mistletoe spotting......love it..

There was a time when I was desperate to see mistletoes growing on plants....
Then once, I spotted a clump of green on a eucalyptus near our street...but, it was up above and I was not satisfied..then the surprise came in San Joaquin wildlife sanctuary, when I saw them in abundant on sycamore and beech trees...its was followed by sighting many of them in Peters Canyon, Laguna wilderness and Whiting ranch during hikes...
A tree laden with clusters of mistletoe looks magical against the cloudy sky...

Had mistletoe spotting been a hobby, I would be an enthusiast for sure...

Getting to see the ripe desert mistletoe berries in Anza borrego desert was amazing....

And recently, I spotted loads of mistletoes on buckeye, sycamore and oaks in the foothill forests of Sequoia National Park...Even we harvested some, though Christmas was months away:)...



Hanging pretty from an autumnal sycamore..........

In Mission trails regional park..

In Irvine regional park..

My spouse under the mistletoe..........

Autumnal sycamore and the mistletoes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!