Thursday, January 28, 2016

Reflection: The agony of job search...........

Sometimes I feel money runs the world...not talent or merit...
I have solid reasons to feel so...
Every day, I find my email inbox crammed with myriad invitations to contribute journal articles, book chapters etc., from open access publishers  and get flooded with invites  to attend or be speaker at National/ International conferences.....
But at this juncture I don't need those......
Also, those calls are mostly interested in money, in the form of publication  charge or registration fee...
What I really need is a suitable job fitting my qualifications......which without being boastful, I must say is quite impressive to deserve decent jobs....
When I do apply to potential recruiters get that good old, formal reply..."...this time we decide to move on to other candidates, while wishing you best ......"....I wonder, if they even bother to look at my resume?.......
I get it, job search is not fun.....that too not any random job, but a highly-skilled, academic-research-software job.... compounded to the fact of foreign Nationality.....and further, the obligation to find it in a particular city, for personal reasons...
I hope (against hope).....this travail will be transient......Don't they say 'Every cloud has a silver lining'?...........
Though some might be lucky and not necessarily more talented to have escaped this despondent phase, I believe, most of you will resonate with my thoughts and apprehensions.....With this angst, here I browse for yet another potential job......
And for sharing my anguish, enjoy these delightful shots...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!