Sunday, February 12, 2017

Joy: Movies.......

I was  not raised or encouraged to watch much movies....I had hardly seen any English movie till I turned 25...
On the other hand, my spouse had watched thousands of movies in English or other international languages...
He showed me 'Harry Potter;', 'Lord of the Rings' series, 'Christmas carol', 'The exorcist'..which I absolutely loved...also, 'Ip man', 'Thor', 'Ratatouillie', 
I always preferred reading over watching.....my English vocabulary was and is rich...
But, in the TOEFL examination (required for non-English speakers to study in the USA), when I got almost full score in listening, writing, reading sections, but got much less in speaking section, I decided to watch a movie every now and then...to pick the accents...
Not many movies interest me enough to watch for 2-3 hours...
Though sometimes I do choose.......after all mood and taste changes...
Some other movies I watched in last few years are...

Classic/black or white movie: Anna Karenina; To kill a mockingbird; Sunflower; Schindler's list; On Golden pond;The Godfather I and II,
Romantic: A walk to remember; A notebook; Christmas Card; Barefoot in the park; Sophie and the Rising Sun
Inspirational:  Forrest Gump; Tracks; Cast Away; Into the wild; Dead poet society;
Based on books: August: Osage county; The magic of belle isle; Kite runner; Our souls at night; 
Different culture: Troy; Memoirs of a Geisha; Painted veil; An unfinished life; The great Gatsby; Frida; Enchanted April; Cold mountain; A country called home; 1922, Sunset Song
Thoughtful: Atonement; Life of Pi; Mona Lisa smile; Black and white; Autumn in new York; Hachi; The other woman; Last Love; The Holiday; Mudbound, Midnight in Paris
Biopic: Diana; Papa; Cezanne et moi, Grace of Monaco, The young Victoria
Other international languages:  Little England; The Servant; Renoir; The girl with the dragon tattoo; Amelie; A Tale of Love and Darkness; Sand Storm; Ipman; 
Comedy: Easy Virtue; Bridget Jone's baby; Wild Oat; Pulp Fiction; The men who stare at goats
Horror: Exorcist; 1922; 
Children: BFG; Secret garden; 
Others: Clouds of Sils Maria; The immigrant; Eco park; 3 generations; Murder on Cape Cod, Wildlike

TV Series: The Crown; Friends; Downton Abbey; Escape to the country, That 70s show
Animation: King of the Hills



They indeed widen ones outlook on the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!