Sunday, February 12, 2017

Joy: Movies.......

I was  not raised or encouraged to watch much movies....I had hardly seen any English movie till I turned 25...
On the other hand, my spouse had watched thousands of movies in English or other international languages...
He showed me 'Harry Potter;', 'Lord of the Rings' series, 'Christmas carol', 'The exorcist'..which I absolutely loved...also, 'Ip man', 'Thor', 'Ratatouillie', 
I always preferred reading over watching.....my English vocabulary was and is rich...
But, in the TOEFL examination (required for non-English speakers to study in the USA), when I got almost full score in listening, writing, reading sections, but got much less in speaking section, I decided to watch a movie every now and then...to pick the accents...
Not many movies interest me enough to watch for 2-3 hours...
Though sometimes I do choose.......after all mood and taste changes...
Some other movies I watched in last few years are...

Classic/black and white movie: 'Anna Karenina', 'To kill a mocking'bird', 'Sunflower', 'Schindler's list', 'On Golden pond','Exorcist',
Romantic: 'A walk to remember',   'A notebook', 'Christmas Card'..
Inspirational:  'Forrest Gump', 'Tracks', 'Cast Away', 'Into the wild'..
Good acting: 'August: Osage county'
Different culture: 'Memoirs of a Geisha', 'Painted veil', 'An unfinished life', 'The great Gatsby', 'Frida', 'Enchanted April', 'Cold mountain','Sophie and the rising sun'
Thoughtful: '  Atonement', 'Life of Pi', 'Mona Lisa smile',
Biopic: 'Diana',
Other international languages:  'Little England', 'The Servant', 'Renoir', 'The girl with the dragon tattoo', 'Amelie', 'A Tale of Love and Darkne', 'Sand Storm'
Feel-good: 'Black and white',   'Autumn in new York', ' Hachi', 'The other woman', 'Last Love', 'The Holiday'...
Comedy: 'Bridget Jone's baby', 'Wild Oat'
Children: BFG
Others: 'Clouds of Sils Maria', 'The immigrant'
They indeed widen ones outlook on the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!