Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Health: Hyperhidrosis.....

Hyperhidrosis is  a health condition where body parts, especially palms, and soles sweat profusely.....
Normally people sweat as a result of thermoregulation....but 'hyperhidrosis' sweating is spontaneous, by neural stimulation due to stress, trauma, excitement........... 
I am one of those 3% people in the world, who suffer from 'hyperhidrosis;..it affects quality of life in many ways.......
I have been dealing with it ever since I can remember.........that is since I was five..
There were times when my notebook will get wet, pen will not run, things will slip out of my hand..keyboard will get sticky, shaking hands with people was nightmare.....
Soles will drip too, but it's easy to contain..with absorbent pair of socks..fancy open-toed shoes are not for me...
I made this habit of carrying  a handkerchief..it somehow helped with the situation.......I may ditch my cellphone but dare not forget a handkerchief...
Now I have got into a job where it needs wearing gloves several times a day...but how tough it becomes to slip the damp fingers and palm into  the latex gloves,,,,have to carry  a sensitive silicon chip, which I constantly fear not to ruin...
One problem pertaining with 'hyperhidrosis' arises and I learn to deal with it, but then another emerges..I guess, that's how people adapt to adverse situations ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!