Monday, September 10, 2018

Observation: Fate of the bee hive.....

Last week I discovered a beehive on the Cassia tree in the premise of my workplace, under which I take my lunch..

(It's the picture of another hive in a fig tree.)
It was nice to see the hive form..in few hours it had grown triple in size, by the laborious bees.......
But it was scary as well...the other day, in a hiking trip, a friend had been bitten in the thigh, and I am allergic to cockroach, so I hold added risk..
But, they have the right to build  a hive where they want....and I thought, they will maintain the hive for  awhile and then move away.....
But, some other people in the adjacent buildings have noticed it as well...and bee removal service has been called..
After the weekend, when I came to work, the hive was gone..
I felt mixed feelings...bee threat is gone, but why must we remove all other organisms from our path?
Are not the bees not innocuous if not provoked?

We can decimate the forest, their habitat...but when they encroach in our space, they are not tolerated, even for few days......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!