Friday, December 29, 2017

People: Uber drivers.........

I don't have a car yet or even a driver license.....so I am using Uber service for appearing job interviews, if my spouse is not available to drive me around....
Most of them are middle-aged folks.....
Some males, some females......some laconic, some chatty.....from different ethnicities...going through different phases..having different histories....

One guy tells of his job interview...how he is getting an offer for  a job 40 miles away...and its not easy..

I learned the other to be an alumnus of my Alma mater San Diego State University, who graduated when I was not even born.....how humbling! He tells how Smog situation was bad in LA in the past..

Another tells how he had an Indian friend..angry... We agree that when things don't go as planned, or you are deprived from things, its easy to be angry...

Another says how he helps his passengers by listening to their problems..like  a lady going through stage IV cancer, with whom he prays for her healing..and gives her  a scripture..

Another young driver falters at an intersection...I ask him what led to the mistake..he says that lately his hands are sweating excessively...I have a bad sweating problem, and recently I learned to use gloves to soak the sweats...I advise him to use gloves.......

Another guy tells he has another job in a medical company, where he works 12h at a stretch.......from 5 in the the morning...

A female driver, an immigrant from Asia, who have been living in the US from last 37 years, talks at length how the civil war in her country Sri Lanka led her family to move here..

Another driver has his air freshener on in his car and I was choking in its fragrance..we had a good talk about its risks..I told his its endocrine-disrupting risks....and I hope, he will heed this lesson, and make the ride of many passengers more pleasant and healthier...

I meet an immigrant from Afghanistan bemoaning how his country embroiled in war and his family had to flee...

Another guy tells he used to be a real estate broker...when he knows I am researcher and publish, he takes my name to read my papers.........

Its pretty interesting meeting people from diverse background..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!