Saturday, May 5, 2018

Knowledge: Food storage.........

I hate food waste.......when food insecurity is looming, we dare not waste any........
But ignorance and negligence often leads to food spoilage..especially that of perishable foods....

I kept my bag of potato in room temperature..and they sprouted shoots...now I don't know, what to do with them...I would have planted them in pots...but I am moving in weeks, and the new  house has  a porch which does not get sunlight...

I forgot to untie the polythene bag with onions...and two weeks later all my onions are rotten, coated with layers of fungal spores.......

Most of my cilantro rots away..

Please try to understand the attributes of your food ingredients, to minimize waste..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!