Friday, December 19, 2014

Plant: Date palms in South California......

Except the meager rain and lackluster autumn, I love most of the things about California....
The diversity of landscapes, abundance of birds, specially hummingbirds and profusion of exotic tropical fruits are the top attractions for me....

I had not tasted that much variety of fruits in my 28 years of life, as much I relished in the last 4 years of California living...kumquat, strawberry guava, lemon guava, arbutus, loquat, jocote, prickly pear, silverberry, cherimoya, blueberry, strawberry, Surinam cherry, carissa, feijoa, longan, fig, lang jujube, avocado, peach, nectarine, dragon fruit, persimmon fuyu, American persimmon, rose hip, lily pilly, nectarine, apricot, Buddha's hand, raspberry.......... yes, that's a long list..and it keeps growing.. 

Date palm was not new to me, in fact, these palms grew luxuriantly in the village I grew up in India...but getting to see them in the vicinity of house in South California and being able to pluck them by self on way back to home from campus was an exciting experience...






Also, there are few varieties of date palms in our University garden...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!