Sunday, July 19, 2015

Plant: Empress tree and Catalina cherry tree.........

I am a plant enthusiast...by it I mean to be familiar with every plant I come across..that's my way of bonding with nature...
When I moved to San Diego county, after living two years in Orange county, I had expected to see many new plant species..
In fact, I got disappointed in that regard..
I got two see only two new species..yes, only two!!
An empress tree..........


and a Catalina island cherry......


I should have realized that both these counties of South California share almost same climatic and edaphological characters...and their botanical profile will largely overlap...

Anyway, I loved both these trees... empress tree for its large heart-shaped leaves and profusion of pale purple flowers..the wild cherry tree for its deep green leaves and red fruit clusters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!