Saturday, June 11, 2016

Passion: Adding to the patio garden........

My little patio, container garden had already 30-something variety of flower plants...
Though, a fruit plant would make it wholesome....
I have been fascinated with kumquat tree ever since I saw it first.....small plant, with bauble like, oval fruits..and it does well in pots...
So, I got one at $20.....



While I was at the Garden center, got some more flower plants, that I had been longing from some time...
A croton plant (Codiaeum veriegatum)........

Kalanchoe.......

A Mandevilla, for my previous one had perished due to my ignorance and over-watering...


The finished look of the developing garden......



Summer is about to arrive...my Arabian jasmine has started flowering....the ixora plant that shared a pot with the jasmine was given a pot of its own, and its already thriving...the croton plant is just a sapling, which I am excited to see in  bushy form...

My last attempt at growing food plants was an utter failure.......the cilantro and mustard plants after a encouraging start succumbed to bugs........lack of enough sunshine was a culprit for it...
Leaving behind the fiasco...I have sown some more seeds....cilantro, mustard, arugula, Swiss chard, spinach.........let's see how they fare...some of them have already germinated....
Even, I have planted the cut top of pineapple.....to be seen if its survives......
With all its successes and pitfalls, gardening is an extremely rewarding form of hobby..a passion..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!