Monday, June 27, 2016

Passion: My kumquat plant...........

The potted kumquat plant is the only fruit plant I have in my patio garden......(though in near future, I aim to add lemon, fig, grapes or any other container-fit fruit shrubs)....


Its doing great....week back, I had added some egg shell powder to them.....
Its exciting to see the tiny plant loaded with hundreds of fragrant blooms..........I hope, soon bees will start visiting and I can see tiny green fruits.........



----------
Well, things did not work as expected...
The profuse blooms grew into tiny green fruits...but, soon they dropped off...
May be some nutrient deficiency....or too much sun...or may be water..
Need to figure out...
The plant is amidst its second time flowering...
I will worry about the fruits later...currently, I am basking in its fragrance...
----------
I had added some fertilizer...
The blooms appeared for the second time, towards the late summer...
This time some of the fruits persisted...may be food, may be climate...or perhaps both helped...

------
Lots of fruits in October....can't wait to see them ripen..
The orange are the last year's fruit, that came with the tree..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!