Saturday, June 25, 2016

Passion: My gardenscape in June......

Like everything in nature, the look of garden changes with season...so, I decided to save the current state through the blog post........
Kalanchoe seems to be doing well......getting full sun, but the flowers are not scorched, as feared..

The $11 rose plant from Costco has big pink blooms....to see how they will do in my patio....

Arabian jasmine is currently in bloom.......but the flowers are smaller in size and less fragrant........must be the time to change the soil.....for I have not replaced the bottom soil since more than a year, though I have added top soil a couple of times....

This pothos was gifted from a lady in a serendipitous situation...as she was getting ready to leave California for her home state in East Coast, she saw us existing from the local Lowe's store and coaxed to adopt her plants...my spouse resented accepting those from a stranger.......but, my eagerness led us to her house where we picked it, plus the beautiful plant below it......


This arrowhead vine I bought 2- years back, never gave any trouble and still going strong..

This jasmine is far too thin, then I would like it to be, but survived the prolonged shaded balcony of previous house that itself is miracle...I hope to see lush greenery in coming months...

These jade plants are from cuttings I picked from the Mission San Diego garden.........the historical church was a very crucial part of my San Diego time...now that I have left the place, at least I have some living memento from there......

The bougainvillea too became victim of lack of sunlight.........I hope, it will be loaded with blooms now that it gets abundant sunlight...

Same goes for the ixora......I believe, now it can have healthy, long-lasting bloom clusters......

Gardenia is not a heavy-bloomer...but when it does compensates for that, what with its big, milky-white, fragrant flowers....

Its a new member to the garden...so I have no experience handling it.....to be seen, how it does.......

Its my third mandevilla.......I love their brilliant trumpet-like flowers....learnt from past mistakes not to over-water and to be alert of aphids......

Areca palm is the oldest member of the plant assembly........I bought it to keep as an indoor plant....however, it was kept outside the entire period.......

Coleus is more like a filler...adding some contrast to the green.......it too reacts badly to water-logging and caterpillars are perpetual threat.......

Non-hybrid roses are bug- as well as stress-resistant ......plus their fragrance is sweet....

The yellow hibiscus is blooming.......

This aeonium is another plant I got from the Mission San Diego garden........

Hydrangea is another new plant for me........yet to learn its ways.........likes and dislikes.....

Asiatic lily seems done with blooming. I hope the tubers stay alive sending new shoots soon........

The kumquat plant shows sign of bloom......if it does well and fruits are borne, I plan to make pickle of the them.....high hopes :)

It will be interesting to document the progress and snags every two month or so.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!