Saturday, January 25, 2014

Plant: When mustard blooms in chaparrals......

Being an amateur painter and an avid nature lover, I absolutely love this quote by Stanley Horowitz
"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all". What an apt analogy! When I saw  the South California chaparrals abloom with wild mustard, I could not help mutter those well-chosen words and bask in the ethereal landscape...




Spring and early summer comes and chaparrals of South California get splashed with golden blooms of wild mustard...That's when I love it the most...
It was my very first experience of the heavenly, yet brief blooming season...in Crystal cove state park...

My spouse, enjoying the beauty...

Its Whiting ranch wilderness park...same season, roughly same geographical area....but it was the year, it did not rain..and see, how dull it looks...

I wish, the South California drought ends and we get copious rain..such that the mustards bloom in zillions, painting the canyons yellow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!