Friday, January 31, 2014

Place: Cabins in Santa Anita Canyon park...

I have written many times about my love for woods exploration...and California with its abundant chaparral, oak woodland and elfin forest, never disappoints me...
Here, I am in Santa Anita Canyon of Angeles National park........'Cabins in the woods' are one of the fascinating things for me...spotting huts and lodges in deep forests by the streams, with mule deer, woodpeckers and squirrels foraging nearby makes me happy...and this park is renowned for its about eighty historical cottages in the midst of maples, oaks and laurels.....








some of them are rented for recreation purpose...

A stream runs by the cabins...It was early August and the creek had dried...
But I could imagine, it must have been very relaxing to sit by the edge with a cup of tea and a book, while listening to the gurgling water during spring, inhaling the fresh air-infused with scent of wildflowers, sighting a mule deer or a squirrel every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!