Thursday, August 4, 2016

Food: Quinoa salad.......

Quinoa..........the popular pseudograin.........an Amaranth relative...
Ever since I had quinoa burger, I liked it.......
Was not sure of its cooking procedure.......so, had not tried at home........
Thought I should.....got a pound from the Whole food grocery.......

Well....before preparing it once should be aware of its anti-nutrients...saponin, phytic acid, lectins...
especially, the detergent-like saponin...which if consumed in large quantity can cause pores in your gut...leading to diseases like septicemia...
So, rinse and wash it till all foam goes away....and soapy smell vanishes...

Boil with some water in un-lided pan..

The size of the grain increases...looks quite pretty.......

I made the salad with onion, scallion, chilli and tomato.....garnished with cilantro...


I liked the texture and taste.......
But I will stick to my food habit.............nothing should be consumed too regularly...too much amount...
Give it a try......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!