Sunday, August 14, 2016

Passion: On gardening joys......

As my  gardening mojo is in full swing, I decided to stay motivated with the following quotes........
The flower pictures are from my garden......

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.  ~ Luther Burbank

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.  ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.  ~ Sigmund Freud

Flowers are happy things. ~ P. G. Wodehouse

A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.  ~ Gertrude Jekyll

The most lasting and pure gladness comes to me from my gardens.  ~ Lillie Langtry

I think this is what hooks one to gardening: it is the closest one can come to being present at creation.  ~ Phyllis Theroux

The earth laughs in flowers.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The lesson I have thoroughly learnt, and wish to pass on to others, is to know the enduring happiness that the love of a garden gives.  ~Gertrude Jekyll

Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.  ~ Alfred Austin

I've always felt that having a garden is like having a good and loyal friend.  ~C. Z. Guest

Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning.  ~ Helen Mirren

Garden as though you will live forever.  ~ William Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!