Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Knowledge: South California Foraging............

I am a proponent of foraging movement....even I have published many review articles on many local plants with food value..
Though my schedules and location does not offer much opportunities...and my allergenicity to many foods, does not let me experiment as I would have liked to...
Yet, I surely know some candidates which could be taken advantage of..........some from my clicks..
Sorrel....


Purslane....

Prickly pears......

Grape leaves.....

Rose hips...

Big rose hips, golf-ball size...from ornamental variety...looks rich in beta-carotene..the vitamin A precursor..


Sumac.....

Lemonade berry....

Mulberry...

Silverberry...

Blackberry...

Loquat......

Cattail.....

Pine pollen....

Dandelion root and petals...

Most of them can be found in and around South California............
However, the enthusiastic consumers must be familiar with the plant, and be aware of the health risks, in the form of allergens and heavy metals.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!