Saturday, November 19, 2016

Passion: Gardening vinca.......

My first attempt at growing vinca had gone kaput...........
I know the issue........lack of sunlight and over-watering....it led to Phytophthora fungus infection.......
IN India, I have seen then bloom year round, with minimal care...
I determined to give it another try...
Got a set of 8 plants from Home Depot............
Planted them in four different pots in pair of two...yeah, it increases survival scope...
So  far, they are doing great..blooming magenta color flowers...brightening the container garden...



I had no idea that they are so prolific bloomers........they are adding much-needed colors to the garden...

Due to ample sunlight, the plants are doing well....some of them have developed tiny sword-like fruits..

To complement the purple variety...I have brought vinca of pink and white variety..
Excited to see how they will do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!