Monday, January 30, 2017

Passion: Love for English literature.........

Not a single piece of paper that arrives our house goes to trash without being read..be that a pizza advertisement or that of carpet cleaning....Trader Joe's seasonal news paper or COSTCO magazine...San Diego zoo ZOONOOZ or city water quality report...
When I was new to this country and was getting ready to appear for GRE and TOEFL..and I was honing my English, I pored over every single page of the 'The Wall Street Journal' and 'Times magazine....





Though I am a science researcher...English is my favorite subject...
For its wide acceptance of words from other languages, it has emerged as the most-recognized and celebrates international language...
Some of the beautiful words of phrases...
Balanophagy: the practice of eating acorn
Gordian Knot: an extremely difficult or involved problem....
Logotherapy: the pursuit of that meaning for one's life
Pachycauls: plants with a disproportionately thick trunk for their height, and few branches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!