Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thought: Deriving inspiration from own health issues and contributing to science....

Day before yesterday, I submitted a review paper on vitiligo...
Yesterday one review on cardiac glycosides..........
Today, on functional food potential of truffles (fungi)..
Now I will start working on a half-written paper on 'microbes for oil spill remediation', so that I can submit it in a day or two....
Its not that all get accepted at first attempt..
Some take as many as 7-8 attempts..
Like this editorial letter on breast cancer-environment pollution link has been rejected 4 times.. I don't know, if the write-up is no good or I am choosing wrong journals...
Anyway, I have submitted on pathogen-allergen similarity; serine protease; dengue research; bacterial genome stability; pathogen protein domains; zika; corn smut; ginseng; brain-eating amoeba; cockroach allergen; pesticides as carcinogens; risks of chemical food additives....and more... 
Yeah, a jambalaya of topics......
The diverse topics help me join the  discrete dots and get a clearer picture..
I do derive inferences from my health too.....like self-portraits of famous Mexican painter 'Frida Kahlo'...who used to paint herself to escape form her illnesses....
I am in my early 30s and I can feel my hormones are starting to behave weird....auto-immunity...common issue with females...I feel brain inflammations and some other symptoms.....
Now, I understand why people opt for 'hormonal replacement'...
I hope, with good lifestyle I can manage it...and hold back the pathology as much as I can...
When such health issues emerge, people gulp down analgesic, antihistamines or steroids...which might give temporary relief, but lead to irreparable detriments...

#Cultivate a healthy lifestyle my friends....we might be equipped with the best of technology but our body has not evolved to be invincible...many threats, in the form of pathogens, allergens and stressors are waiting to wreck havoc with our systems..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!