Friday, May 4, 2012

Observation: Moons in different months goes by different names!!......

I was having a leisurely evening walk in the apartment pavement and my attention was inevitably drawn towards the full moon, luminous behind the veil of the giant Blue gum tree. The shiny celestial body seemed to me quite bigger compared to other full moon nights. As I consulted the net, got to know that the largest moon of the year 2012 is supposed to show up tomorrow, on 5th May. Moon is poised to come closest to earth on this day, so expected to appear the biggest.....
Anyway, in this context I would like to share an interesting piece of lunar info I recently gathered. The funny yet pertinent pet names of full moons in the twelve months of a year. The monikers goes like, wolf moon, snow moon, worm moon, pink moon, flower moon, strawberry moon, buck moon, sturgeon moon, harvest moon, hunter's moon, beaver moon and cold moon...
Let's see how the flower (May) moon looks like..........



It was the day before blue moon...captured the celestial body, as I was coming back from an evening walk...




I  missed taking pictures of the recent supermoon...anyway, this morning while taking a stroll, I saw the waning gibbous..

It looked pretty beautiful against the clean azure sky..I clicked some shots from behind the plans, and I think they turned out nice...
The magnolia moon...

The sycamore moon...

The palm moon....

The hibiscus moon...

Ash moon....

Finally this interesting shot...I grabbed the right time and captured it as the aircraft seemed flying above the moon...

So, autumn is the month of hunter or harvest moon...the big, dazzling, stunning one..I take the opportunity to frame it behind the veil of plants...Here is my attempt to place the bougainvillea strand against its shiny body..

And here the reticulum of palm frond spanning it...

Finally, I saw a blood moon on a September night.......


November evening...

On a cold December evening....

December night with heavy moisture in the sky creates this halo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!