Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bird: Food for the birds.........

As much as I see, feathered denizens here are much privileged, when it comes to stomach. Creepers, bushes and trees yield a bounty of honey, berries, pods, acorns, insects and the nearby marsh is replete with snails, clams, shrimps, fishes. 
Then, hanging bird feeders in porches or backyards is almost a norm, to ensure full belly of the birds, 
as this cylindrical bird feeder jam-packed with an assortment of grains for the lunch of the avian visitors. A mourning dove and a house finch sharing the table. I have no clue why such peaceful sights infuse my heart with unfathomable joy. Many thanks and good wishes for the house-owner for his/ her commendable charity towards the birds.

As if its not enough, people, including me, feed the birds with an array of eatables. When the offering is scanty, the birds jostle each other in the quest of bigger share. But when the food becomes surplus and  the birds get satiated with gobbling...well, check the scenario...

Bread scraps.....

Corn kernels..........

Carrot cubes.........

Pretzel sticks..........

Though it is forbidden to feed  water fowls in the parks, I often disobey the rule, finding it difficult to abstain ...these flocks have also become so expectant, if not fed it feels like letting them down. I was well aware, they were suckers for grains and breads. That day I was amused to find them gorging on cheerios. I had some flattened rice in my kitchen closet since months. I took it to the fowls and here they are enjoying the feast.

A bowl of flattened rice flakes, a platter of cheerios and a bottle of lentils. Well, its for my Tewinkle Park feathered friends...mallards, coots, pekins, pigeons, wigeons, gadwalls and gulls..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!