Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thought: Garden of my dreams.....

How desperately I wish to acquire a piece of land and decorate it as per my taste! The pretty gardens and yards of neighbors just fuels my longing.

How I wish to erect a white picket fence around the tiny but lush lawn. A little fountain would be installed in the middle of a stock pond harboring koi fishes and ornamental plants. A charming statuary, few yard globes and a rockery boasting of succulents would be gracing the adjoining area. Few butterfly and bird stakes would be glorifying the seasonal flower bed. A ornate bird bath and few feeders hug from the shady tree would invite all sorts of birds. A string hammock tied to the tree and a wooden bench under the creeper-draped pergola would be my retreat. While not admiring the beauty around, I would immerse myself in weeding, pruning, installing new hand-crafted decors to the personal Elysium.

Now, at the embryonic stage of career, plans for life yet to gain stability, my dreams seem far-fetched. A decade or two later, if all goes well, may be, my craving will see materialization. Till then, its better to let the dream be quiescent..and derive joy marveling at the manicured, captivating gardens of neighbors.






Picturesque neighborhood ...with aesthetic gardens. 
The myriad varieties of abloom flowering bushes and fruit plants excite me...............

A manicured yard.... 
   
A shot of a house in the neighborhood.... one evening, strolling along this residential area, I saw this beautiful house. The manicured lawn surrounded by white, low picket fence draped with roses looked inviting. I paused to imagine, how blissful it must be, to relax on the garden chair under the dusky evening sky, sipping a cup of tea, inhaling the rosy fragrance,whiling away time.


I laid my eyes on this string hammock hanging from two sturdy, shady trees, in a peaceful corner of a neighbor's yard. 
No one can deny that they don't wish to curl up there with a riveting book, listening to the chatter of birds  and while away time, just like that........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!