Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bird: Crows.....

I derive my daily dose of laughter from silly antics of animals and birds around me...
It was amusing to see this pair of crows perched on the roof of a SUV parked in front a neighbor's house.......


It was a late autumn evening, when I happened to witness this fabulous picture. I was on my way home after a fun time in Tewinkle Park. I was standing on the curb of Presidio Drive, waiting to cross the road. The caophony emanating from the giant California Sycamore drew my attention towards it. On looking up, I was pleasantly surprised to see as many as 70-80 crows perching on the autumn-toned tree. I assumed, the scavengers have chosen the sycamore as a stopover on the way to their night shelters. Since then, I have never seen such a breathtakingly large murder of corvids. Who knows when a natural treat is waiting to spring up, so I keep my visual and auditory senses alert....

Lone one.......

In the desert....

An intelligent crow drinking from a fountain....

Resting on a palm...

Feasting on fig........

Atop Mission Campanario.......

Atop a sycamore.....

Crows may not be hailed for beauty, but they are well-known to be intelligent birds.......evidence?
More than once, I have seen them soaking bread pieces in the water, before gulping them down........

Mass atop an eucalyptus.......they seem to be waiting for there comrades before flying West at sundown...


Flying towards night shelter............



On a lamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!