Sunday, May 13, 2012

Decoration: My brand new bird feeders........

Ever since, I had seen bird feeders hung in neighbors yards, attracting a wide array of birds, I had nurtured the wish to suspend a few of them in our porch. Finally, I got myself three pretty feeders, a classic wooden bird table, a plastic gazebo-style and a hummingbird sugar feeder. Oh, how much joy it brought to me, just seeing them swinging in the mild spring breeze, against the backdrop of radiant green sweetgum foliage! Though I had some spare lentils, rice and grams, I purchased a packet of bird seed blend from Walmart, to ensure flocking of birds. The wholesome mixture of sunflower, safflower, millet, thistle, dried fruit, sunflower chips and peanuts is supposed to lure birds ranging from blue jays, cardinals, chikadees, dark-eyed juncos, grosbeaks, goldfinches, indigo buntings, mourning doves, northern flickers, siskins, purple finches, sparrows to titmouses, woodpeckers, towhees and nuthatches. I have filled the sugar feeder with fresh syrup for the hummingbirds to enjoy. Let's see, if they care for the hospitality or not..........







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!