Monday, October 17, 2016

Joy: Garden bliss.........

My container garden is doing great.......
By now, we have consumed lots of produce from it.....mustard, purslane, pea shoot, kumquat, blueberry.....
One very important benefit is that I learnt the basics of gardening......it infused confidence in me to embark on bigger projects in future...
Together I have 55 containers and almost as many variety of plants...........I think it is a good number for a rather novice.

Evergreen plants: Areca palm, yucca, daracaena, pothos (2), ZZ plant, croton, coleus (its maroon though), aeonium, jade plant, arrowhead vine, aloe vera.......
Fruit tree: Kumquat, blueberry........

Perennial flowers: Arabian jasmine, star jasmine, bougainvillea (2), roses (3), hibiscus (4), mandevilla (2), allamanda, ixora, gardenia, crocosmia, Asiatic lily, hydrangea, geranium (2), vinca (3), begonia (2), camellia, ...

Annual flowers: portulaca, petunia, coreopsis,  nasturtium, viola, mum, crdinal climber, crocosmia, daffodil, narcissus, wild flowers......
Vegetable: Swiss chard, purslane, cucumber, pea, spinach, Malabar spinach, mint, garlic, rosemary, parsley, oregano, thyme, chives......tomato, potato..

And I have a substantial collection of remaining seeds.........

I am yet to know, if all these plants are suitable for South California climate or not..
Like my martyr plants.....those who succumbed due to my ignorance and lack of sun......vinca, mum, marigold, mandevilla, calla lily, hydrangea, fragrant nicotiana......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!