Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fauna: Arthropods diversity in Eucalyptus bark.........

 A row of giant eucalyptus trees stand majestically along our apartment complex boundary. For a kid-like fun, I was peeling the layers of woody scales. What I saw would have immensely thrilled an entomologist.  As many as a dozen of different arthropods crept out or found lying dormant underneath the layers. Armed with a camera, I decided to capture the findings for my arthropod album and subsequent identification. I am at a loss to imagine the countless types of arthropods calling the colossal tree their home. If a single eucalyptus tree sustains such a rich biodiversity, what must be scenario at the Amazonian rainforest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!