Monday, March 5, 2012

Bird: Birds atop the Cypress...............

There is a tall Italian cypress tree in our apartment garden. The apex of the slender conifer is a favorite resting place for  many birds. An Allen's hummingbird seems to be the one with most fondness for the place, because I often see  it occupying the zenith. However, that day, to my surprise, I saw an European starling perched on the tower. Hours later, as I was going for my evening walk, I was further astonished to see an American crow struggling to sit on the crown. The apex was oscillating like a pendulum as the bird was trying to balance. It was ludicrous to see the big corvid  in  place of the tiny humming. It was like an adult person trying in vain to accommodate himself  in a kid's chair. Birds do have funny streaks too...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!