Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Knowledge: Pinata....the candy receptacle....

Bored of the consecutive talks in the conference, I was about to leave, when I heard the word 'pinata', a completely new addition to my vocabulary....I perked up my ears and learned that its a papier-mache or any other decorated container, filled with candies, which gets broken as part of a The speaker used the word to mean the Convention as a pinata, where biotechnologists across the globe have congregated, much like children huddling near the pinata in a birthday celebration. 
Soon after that, I heard this word from my spouse....
After arriving in California, we attended some birthday parties and saw the ritual for ourselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!