Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fauna: My squirrel friends.....

What do you call a pleasant morning? For me it is opening the front door and getting to see a cute, furry fox squirrel creeping on the porch and sniffing for breakfast. Then offering it some bread scraps and gazing at him, as he nibbles on it. Squirrels may not be pets but having them around has great psychological benefits....

The squirrel playing hide-and-seek with me. I would point my camera to shoot and it will lurk behind the branch and when I would pretend to ignore, it will stare at me. I loved this picture, where it crouches and gazes at me as if asking me " Do you have any peanut with you ?" When things don't go great guns, I derive joy and inspiration from these innocent critters.

The baby squirrel peeps through the eucalyptus leaves....It's such a delight to see these fuzzy guys...

I just love this scene, the squirrel sitting pretty with its bushy tail dangled against the colorful autumnal backdrop. I hardly see a squirrel not munching on something, not scampering around or not looking expectantly at the person approaching it. In this regard, this one has a remarkably different personality.


As I try to concentrate on editing the manuscript, the familiar sound distracts me. As I peep through the window gauge, I see the squirrel running up and down the scaly cedar branches. Sometimes, crawling on the ground below my window sill. I scatter some peanuts from the glass jar kept on beside study table. It's fun to watch the guy pick a few and munch, casting occasional glances of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!