Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bird: Poor fledglings........

Some unattended chicks that I have across..........

Starling...
Ambling through the neighborhood, I discovered this starling fledgling standing timidly by the sidewalk. It was squeaking and restlessly looking around, perhaps searching for its mother. I inched towards the chick and stood barely 2-3 feet away. Startled, it  hopped about on the grass. Obviously, it had not got wings strong enough to fly. I observed the dense carrotwood canopy above. I guessed it had fallen off the nest on the tree, while the mother was away for foraging. I wanted to help the poor thing, but could not. Of course there were no predators looming around and mother is expected to come back anytime soon. I hope and wish the parents have safely lifted the offspring into the nest.


Mourning dove...
During my walk, I spotted these adorable mourning dove chicks basking in the mid-day sun. It was delightful to watch their serene faces, fluid eyes and pink feet. Don't they look innocence personified or peace embodied?




California towhee......
Spotted this intrepid California towhee in a plumbago shrub...though all alone, it held on its own..



Mallard chick....
A lone mallard chick sailing its way along with the tall flamingos in the zoo...

Another tiny one in Mason regional park foraging away.....

A coot chick...

A cormorant chick...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!