Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reflection: Yardstick of love and care....

How do you plumb the depth of love and commitment of your partner? For some, it may be through the dazzling diamond ring on their anniversary, dainty rose bouquets on birthday, branded garments, dinner in expensive restaurants, may be through the expensive cruise trip to the Caribbean. 
Thinking of it, I wish to offer my viewpoint...those monetary presents may be flattering, but not entirely soul-touching...

 I feel the intensity and tenderness in insignificant-seeming but hugely impact-bearing actions of daily life. For instance, when he puts a pillow on my swivel chair to prop my back, when he tucks me in a blanket and switches on the room heater on a cold afternoon or puts the plush teddy bear beside me for company, when he does some silly goof-offs to cheer me, when he plants a kiss on my forehead before leaving for office reminding me to be careful while riding bike along sidewalks of rush streets or to venture out with proper warm attire, when he calls to ensure that I have not skipped my lunch, when he shows me his favorite movies, pausing intermittently to explain the developments, when he kneels down to tie my shoe laces when they keep loosening on the hiking paths...the list continues......
Its important to remember those and be grateful for...especially at times, when we get mad for things we should not be..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!