Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food: Apple varieties.........

Granny Smith apple ...Never before introduced to this variety, the interesting name and the unusual color made me buy this lot. On browsing, I got to know, 'Maria Ann Smith, an Australian lady popularized this cultivar, hence emerged the name. I learned, this apple is ideal for pie making, however, I did not much appreciate its sour taste when eaten raw. 

I wished I should rather have brought the much familiar Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp or Pink lady variety.
So far, 'Fuji' is my most favorite.....its crispy, crunch and sweetness in unparalleled......

Followed by 'Gala'......

Some other favorites include...
'Honeycrisp'.......

'Red delicious'....

'Jonagold'......

Had seen crates of red, luscious apples displayed for sell in fruit stalls as well as dangling from backyard gardens. However, never seen the raw fruits hanging from the trees. The other day, strolling along a sidewalk in the neighborhood, I stumbled upon this tree. The clusters of tender apples covered with fine hairs hardly looked their glossy, ripe selves. Long summer and autumn months to endure before attaining maturity, they seemed to convey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!