Monday, February 13, 2012

Plant: Knowing the seaweeds of California Coast....

Ever since I have started thronging the beaches bordering the Pacific ... ... I have  developed a vigorous interest in utility potential of the local seaweeds. The plethora of seaweeds drifted ashorehave stimulated me to explore their identity, morphology, class, edibility and clinical potential. Seaweeds have been discovered to be storehouse of miraculous therapeutic compounds. Had I a laboratory here, I would have drowned myself in researching on their versatile applications. To quench my desire to get more acquainted with these myriad varieties of algae growing luxuriantly on California coast, I compile review articles on them. I hope, if nothing else, it will definitely strengthen my grasp on phycology. 
Some seaweeds spotted on the shores............








The drifted seaweed strand looks like a piece of art...for you to decode...

Seagrass growing on the crevices of rock piles in the jetty of Corona del Mar Beach. Its interesting to watch the green carpet with individual strands undulate, agitated by the myriad waves. These marine vegetation provide a safe habitat to numerous organisms. However, the coastal pollution is taking a toll on them.

Foam-laced seaweeds....the shafts of midday sun reflected on the prismatic froths and created the enthralling splendor of a spectrum........





Floating in the blue water.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!