Friday, January 20, 2012

Observation: Garden decors.........

Adorning garden with lovely flamingo statues are very common in this region. But, this plastic flamingo peeping from the balcony makes me smile every time I pass along this house...

Garden statuary is a new finding for me..and like many new revelations, its an interesting  one. In the six months stay in Costa Mesa, I have been able to lay my wandering eyes on beautiful gnome statues, placed in gardens for ornamentation. The pointy cap clad dwarf gnomes with smiling faces are for sure, a joy to watch at.

The Disney princesses........


Lately, I am spotting the butterfly stakes tucked to the pots or in the flower beds in gardens. The metal crafts with whimsical shapes and colors ignited my curiosity and as always, I searched for its importance. Got to know, these fancy ornaments are meant to attract butterflies to grace the garden. A type of lure??





Also beautiful bird stakes..........



Easter bunny says HI, standing behind the rose bush..

And angel......

Pinwheel....

Yard globes..........






When I saw these brilliant hued pansy gracing the front yard of a neighbour, I was amazed. I took some photographs of the blooms before the pet dog started barking at me. Back home, as I processed the pictures, I was stunned again. I could not believe my eyes. The flowers were all artificial!!! Hope, the bees don't get tricked  like me.

A pair of toy mallards....

A wind chime............

A hummingbird stake........

A cute frog......

Another frog on a fountain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!