Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Plant: Japanese pink magnolia................

This heavily abloom, pink flowering tree is a Japanese magnolia or Saucer magnolia. Recently, I saw this gorgeous tree gracing a street of Los Angeles. 
I was very interested to scan the beautiful blossoms from closer and sniff the fragrance, but it did not materialize, considering that I was in moving car. 
Back home in Costa Mesa, as I was cycling in the neighborhood, three magnolia shrub standing in a row, could not escape my searching gaze. Thanks galore to the gardener for planting these exotic flowering trees. 
With so many tender buds yet to open up, I hope to enjoy the visual feast till Spring.
           
It's a real visual feast to behold the magnificent blossoms on the tree, and the petal-strewn ground too...

Even our apartment garden is graced by these delicate blossoms........






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!