Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thought: Religious harmony.....

Religious is a very sensitive topic, as we know in this era of intolerance, violence, revolving around it...its sad that, its supposed to restore our faith in humanity and miracles of life, but has become a cause bloodshed..

Personally I believe, harboring warm feelings towards all religions are essential for a peaceful world...and its possible...not only attainable, it feels really nice......

Though Hindu by birth, I have equal respect for all religions.....

My Iranian neighbor gifted me this English version of Quran during a Christmas holidays. It's been more than 4 years, the holy book still graces our shelf...sometimes, I do read and try to understand its essence...

I have visited many Buddhist monasteries and stupas...rotated the prayer wheels..

Visited Gurudwaras....including the Swarna Mandir at Amritsar............

And talking of church, I have been visiting the local Mission San Diego since more than two years...occasionally decking the Mother Mary statue with flowers..........


Now, the Lord Ganesh statue, the poinsettia flower vase, the creche picture and the holy Quran  amicably share our living room space. The Shikh pendant from Golden Temple Amritsar and the Buddhist bell from monastery state Sikkim have been left behind in my closet in India. May be in my visit, I will get them here to make the religious harmony more wholesome.

Let peace and tolerance reign the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor

Free counters!